1979 Pontiac Bonneville Landau Coupe
- One owner local car from 1979 to 2019 with only 17,441 original miles!
- Ordered with many options on 12/6/1978 at Don Darr Pontiac in St. Louis, Missouri
- Delivered on 1/24/1979 with only 15 delivery miles
- Sixth-generation Bonneville and seldom-seen survivor
- Original 301 CID V-8 engine with two-barrel carb (code Y), one of the final Pontiac V-8s made before 1981
- Original Turbo Hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission and 2.29 or 2.56 rear end
- Factory Triple Black – Starlight Black exterior (code 19) with matching black vinyl roof (code 19T) and black cloth-and-vinyl interior (code 19E)
- Optional wire wheel covers, fender skirts with period correct Goodyear Double Eagle Goldline tires
- Factory air-conditioning, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power locks, cruise control, tilt steering column, clock, power front driver seat, electric rear defroster, driver’s sideview mirror remote control and undercoating
- Optional Pontiac Rally Handling Tuned Suspension and optional Rally Gauge Package
- Documentation includes selling dealer’s car credential folio, original owner’s manual, original Delco AM-FM stereo guide, original Uniroyal tire warranty guide, original build sheet, original bill of sale, original retailer buyer’s order, dated December 6, 1978, original Pontiac warranty information, original owners Missouri title, service receipts from Don Darr, original GM maintenance schedule and more
We are proud to offer this local triple black 1979 Pontiac Bonneville Landau Coupe with only 17,441 original miles! The original owner custom ordered this Bonneville loaded with options from Don Darr Pontiac here in St. Louis Missouri and the family kept the Pontiac until 2019. The owner even personally picked out the Goodyear Double Eagle Goldline tires for the wire wheel covers, when is the last time you have seen such a handsome set of tires!?
This Pontiac Bonneville Landau Coupe was made in General Motors’ Pontiac, Michigan factory (VIN code P) during the first week of January 1979 and is included with its original build sheet. It was sold at Don Darr Pontiac in St. Louis, Missouri on January 24, 1979 to a Joel P. with just 15 miles on its odometer! When the original title was issued on June 8, 1983 after the owner paid off the loan, the car had just 14,940 miles on the clock! According to the oil change sticker on the door jam, the Pontiac had 16,840 miles on March 22, 1986. Today the Bonneville is showing only 17,441 miles and the original family stated that the car never saw rain. The original title is still included with the sale.
The Bonneville was ordered with many great options such as factory air-conditioning, Pontiac Rally Handling Tuned Suspension, rally gauge package, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power locks, cruise control, tilt steering column, clock, power front driver seat, electric rear defroster, fender skirts, driver’s sideview mirror remote control and undercoating.
Dressed in possibly the best color combination offered on this particular body style, factory correct Starlight Black (code 19), matching black Landau roof (code 19T), black interior, the car’s paint and trim are in overall very good condition with some very minor imperfections. The car’s bodywork is straight and solid while its engine bay is very tidy and still has factory chalk markings. The car’s cargo area is in absolute excellent shape, with black carpet and the original full-sized spare tire. The Duracell battery appears new while the chrome bumpers are in very excellent order, complete with optional overriders. The rear wheels even have the correct fender skirts.
This Starlight beauty rolls on the original wire wheel covers and Goodyear Double Eagle Goldline tires at every corner. The wheels are in excellent order while the tires are in very good shape but are older.
Under that big hood with the stand-up hood Bonneville ornament is the original Pontiac 301 CID V-8 engine, which became Pontiac’s final V-8 motor. Linked to it is a Turbo Hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission and either a 2.29:1 or 2.56:1 rear end. Driver convenience features are lengthy – air-conditioning, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power locks, power front seat, cruise control, tilt steering column, rear electric defrost, front tinted glass and driver’s sideview mirror remote control.
Inside really states the status of this American survivor, the black cloth-and-vinyl interior (code 19E) was a step-up above the ones found in most Impalas. The black bench seats look excellent, as do the matching black carpet and black headliner. Wrapped around one of the sun visors is the original seatbelt instructions! The optional three-spoke steering wheel with walnut accents faces the driver and looks great. The black instrument panel still has its Radial Tuned Suspension badge, Rally gauge package, plus more walnut accent trim pieces for added warmth with more in the black inner door panels. A column-mounted shift lever and a factory AM/FM stereo complete the interior.
Two-door competition to this Bonneville in 1979 included Chevrolet’s Caprice Classic, Dodge’s Diplomat Medallion, Ford’s LTD Brougham, Mercury’s Grand Marquis Brougham and Oldsmobile’s Delta 88 Holiday Coupe.
Documentation includes selling dealer’s car credential folio, original owner’s manual, original Delco AM-FM stereo guide, original Uniroyal tire warranty guide, original build sheet, original bill of sale, original Don Darr buyer’s order, dated December 6, 1978, original Pontiac warranty information, original owners Missouri title, service receipts from Don Darr, original GM maintenance schedule and more.
More info: Listing has ended. Search on eBay for similar 1979 Pontiac Bonneville
Seller's other items: motoexotica
Location: Fenton, Missouri, United States